Algebra 2 A
This course further extends the learner’s understanding of major algebra concepts, and prepares them with the building blocks needed to dive deeper into trigonometry, pre-calculus and advanced probability and statistics. Topics include radicals, quadratic functions and equations, polynomials, rationals, systems of equations and inequalities, exponents and logarithms, sequences and series, probability and statistics and trigonometry.
• Interpret key features of linear functions and their graphs in a context, solving linear equations when necessary.
• Explain the connection between rational exponents and radicals, and become fluent with complex numbers.
• Sketch, transform and solve maximizing or minimizing problems with quadratic functions, using the technique of completing the square.
• Solve quadratic equations using many different techniques.
• Use and explain the remainder theorem and factor theorem to analyze polynomial functions.
• Sketch and dissect rational functions, examining end behavior and exploring applications.